Happy Soul Food Friday!
- Are you OUT OF YOUR TREE? The Outer Route to True Nature
- The Secret Route to Inner Peace
- Fascinating Maps You Have Never Seen Before!
- How to Teach Kindness: Five strategies to raise moral, caring children
- Kids Nailing Zeppelin!
Are you OUT OF YOUR TREE?
From 5,000 years old to the most gorgeous you have ever seen, this link will connect you
deeply with true nature
The Secret Route to Inner Peace
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when your loved ones
are too busy to give you any time,
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without alcohol,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!
Fascinating Maps You Have Never Seen Before!
#244- How to teach kindness
WHAT IF…we’ve lost sight of kindness?
RESEARCH SAYS: 80% of youth said their parents were more concerned with their achievement or happiness than whether they care for others. But the ability to be caring is most important of all. Here are five strategies to raise moral, caring children:
- Make caring for others a priority. Children need to learn to balance their needs with the needs of others whether it’s passing the ball to a teammate or standing up for a friend who is being bullied.
- Provide opportunities for children to practice caring and gratitude.
- Take your children to a homeless shelter and help them care about someone besides their family and friends.
- Be a strong moral role model by examining your values and telling your children how you make moral decisions.
- Guide children in managing destructive behavior. Often the ability to care for others is overwhelmed by anger or other negative feelings.
TRY THIS: Think of ways to be a better example of kindness…
Kids Nailing Zeppelin:
They are amazing!
Thanks this week go to Larry H, Louis L, Will M, & Arman S-B
Pay it Forward!
I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in…
– John Muir